Monday, November 3, 2008

Possible new addition

So, last night my mom was babysitting Munchi. We got home around 8:30, chatted for a while, and went to walk my mom out about 9:30. As we are standing on the porch saying our goodbyes, I hear little voice. We start searching around. Dirk comes outside to look with us, and as he closes the door, what does he see behind it? A little, itty, bitty, tiny kitten. Of course, we brought it right in the house, set up a bed and litter box for it and made it comfortable. It was shaking it was so cold and it was soooooo skinny. We fed it a little food, and I slept with it on the couch for the night. In the morning, I started to feed it and give it some water, and realized something. It was not fully weened, so it could not drink water from a bowl. So Munchi and I trampled on down to Petco, bought a bottle and some formula, and she has been chowing ever since. We have made no commitment to keep her, but my parents plan to take her if we don't, so she now has a safe home. For now, her name is Riley.

Pictures to follow this week.

No comments:

 

Doing More Than Just Surviving | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates