Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Mom

Okay, so I know I should really be sure to value my time with my Mom, and appreciate her for who she is, but she is making me a little crazy these days. I know it is because I talk to her more now and spend way more time with her but I can't help it. I went out with her on Tuesday night to a really great play, but we had dinner before and I did not know if I was going to be able to make it through. Every time I stopped talking or looked at something else, she would ask me, "What" or "Is everything okay?" By the tenth time, I wanted to scream. And then she would not stop STARING at the table next to us, whose kid was throwing a major tantrum. I even said something to her about it, and she just kept staring.
And now tonight she calls, we chat for a while, and I tell her about this lady at my work who I have issues with. And she totally zones out. I can tell she is not listening, but then she hears that this lady thinks I am unprofessional and she decides that is something worth discussing and chooses to school me about how I need this job and I need to act appropriately, like I am sixteen and think it is more important to have fun at my job than be a professional adult. AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!
I love her. Really, I do.

1 comment:

Queen of the Nerds said...

hahahahaha, I can totally picture that dinner.

 

Doing More Than Just Surviving | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates