Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Health Issues

So, I finally went to the doctor yesterday for a physical, due to CHRONIC health issues I have been having over the last two years, many that have gotten worse in the last month. No surprise to find out my heart palpitations and disgusting stomach issues are caused by stress and caffeine intake. Because I can do nothing to ward off the stress (no job in sight for husband, no relief in site for marriage), I have cut my caffeine down to once a day already. Today was okay, but we will see what I am like by the end of the week. WARNING ALL FAMILY MEMBERS READING: Saturday will be 5 days on no or low caffeine intake. Do not take my attitude problem too personally. I had an EKG, breath test, and hand x-ray yesterday and will be doing the 2 hour fasting diabetes test and other blood work next Tuesday, then returning to the doctor in about two weeks for results.

The reason for this health update (besides the need for a lot of prayer): about two months ago, my friend Carebear and I were laughing about this random blog we read where the lady (who happens to be much older than us) was describing a time when she was in Target and felt a sudden BM of the worrisome type come on. The feeling was so strong that she was afraid to move, as something might release itself, so she was screaming for her husband to come help her to the restroom. Carebear and I thought this story was hilarious and hoped we never had to grow old. Flash forward to today..... I am at Henry's shopping with Munchi. We are about half way done when the sharp pains in my stomach start, a familiar feeling lately that never leads to anywhere good. All I can think is I have to finish shopping, and that Henry's is about 15 minutes away from my house. Can I survive another 30 minutes without literally sh***ing myself? I decide to go for it. Now, I get through Henry's okay, without it being too noticable I am in digestive distress, I think. But the ride hope starts getting really iffy. I keep telling myself I have leather seats, so if anything does happen, it is an easy clean up. And wouldn't you know that we started home right when school got out? And there are 5 (count them 5) schools on our way home. Which means stopping for cross walks and going 25 mph the ENTIRE way home. It took my a half an hour to get to the house. I don't think I have ever gotten Munchi out of his car seat so fast in my life. I literally threw him in the living room amongst his cars and hit the bathroom. While NONE of this was funny at the time, it makes me laugh thinking of the conversation with Carebear, and realizing old age has already hit me, at 33.....

3 comments:

Carebear said...

I think I almost pissed myself. Thanks for the laugh even though it wasn't funny at the time!

Dawn said...

Hey there. Any update?

Queen of the Nerds said...

I know I am really late with this comment but here it is anyway......
I have had this happen. It was several years ago (still married to my ex and the kids were small). I was at the grocery store with 2 of my kids. I felt the stomach cramps and knew it was coming. I thought I could finish shopping and get home before all hell broke loose. Well, I almost made it. I was parking in the garage and I couldn't hold it anymore! I have never moved so fast. I ran upstairs to the bathroom because the downstairs bathroom was being used. We had beautiful cream carpet...except for the trail to the bathroom with yucky brown spots. I almost died from embarassment. Cleaning that shit up was a very humbling experience. I almost forgot... all the way to the bathroom I kept saying, "Oh my God, oh my God!" and the kids were laughing hysterically at me.

 

Doing More Than Just Surviving | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates