Monday, January 5, 2009

Munchi's Second Birthday

Today is Munchi's second birthday. And we had such a great time today celebrating it! We opened presents in the morning from his cousins in Tennessee, which included a Geotrax train. He was soooooo excited! Then, after a good long nap, we headed off to the Aquarium. He found every single fish to be so amazing. And really wanted nothing to do with the seals.... He lasted a full two hours without incident, until we went to the gift shop to get him a birthday souvenir. We were talking to him about getting a stuffed animal or a book, when he found a truck! Yes, that is right, my son was able to find a truck at the frickin' Aquarium. Well, mom and dad wanting nothing to do with it! It was cheaply made, NOT age appropriate, and our house is full to the brim with trucks. So, I had to take him out for a small time out, and afterwards we read some books, and picked out the cutest clown fish stuffed animal and went on our way. And I don't think he even cares about the truck now, because he is fast asleep in his bed, with his arms around fish.

So, while the day was great for Munchi, Dirk and I got a little something too. The Aquarium was celebrating their 10 year anniversary or something like that, and we won their grand door prize!! Just because of when we walked in the door.... It is a one night stay at some hotel in Long Beach, in their Jacuzzi Suite, with complimentary champagne and breakfast!! Oh la la! I was so excited, I asked the ticket lady if she would baby sit Munchi for us so we could go :) But the best part was, when looking at the certificate later, Dirk discovered it had expired 12/31/08. Uh oh! So we took it up front and the manager was so embarressed that not only are they mailing a new certificate to us in the mail, but she gave us four free tickets to the Aquarium! Like I said, today was a great day!

Some pictures of our adventures:

As always, climbing up where he is not supposed to, and mom encouraging him by taking a picture


A REALLY big fish!


The eel and I became good friends


I really wanted to swim with the bat rays, if daddy would just let me go!


AMAZING!


I pointed all day, I am sure my finger is very tired

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to the "Little Man" What a great family day/birthday outing! It has been 8 years since I have been to the Aquarium and I am sure a lot has changed since then!

I also hope you enjoy your date night!

Sherry Gordon said...

wow...that does sound like a great day...and thank goodness Dirk catches the details...that is a crazy story with such a wonderful ending...happy birthday munchi!

 

Doing More Than Just Surviving | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates