Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

The things I love about my husband, as a dad:
1. Plays with Munchi like only a daddy can (how do men learn to make car noises like that?)
2. Never hesitates to change a diaper
3. Makes Munchi smile the biggest smile you have ever seen just by entering the room
4. Willingly gets up in the middle of the night to comfortMunchi after one of his nightmares
5. Wants to be the one to carry Munchi into any new situation, not just to comfort him, but because he is so proud to be his daddy

Things I love about my dad:
1. He is smarter than any person I know
2. While it is rare he shows affection or emotion, he still calls me by my childhood nickname that only he uses. And everytime he says it, I can hear the affection.
3. He LOVES being a Grandpa, and talks about his grandkids obsessively
4. He willingly treated me like an adult when I was a teenager, even though I never acted like one
5. He treats me as an equal now
6. People I do not even know treat me with respect, because they know my dad, and hold him in high regard.
7. He taught me how to love God in a logical way, based on fact not just a feeling
8. He taught me to trust my feelings when fact fails

Thank you Dirk and Dad, for being such amazing men in me and Munchi's lives.

1 comment:

Carebear said...

Tell Dirk "Happy Father's Day"...Give Munchi a hug from DDT.

 

Doing More Than Just Surviving | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates