Monday, June 9, 2008

Relaxing Day

Took Munchi to visit Grandma today. He loved it. He got to sit at her desk and play with her computer, print out whatever he typed into Word, and waste as much of the calculator tape as he possibly could. Afterwards we went back to her house to have dinner and play. Everyone told me that having kids is such a blessing. And I could not agree more. But some of the blessings Munchi has brought into my life were totally unexpected. My mom and I had a rough childhood. We never connected, and many hurtful things occured between us. When Munchi was born I vowed that my mom would never be able to babysit. I said it was because I did not want her to hurt him they way she did me. But the truth was, it was going to be my form of punishment for my childhood. Deny her her grandchild. But instead, Munchi helped heal my relationship with my mom. She may not have been the mother she should have been, but she is an amazing grandmother. And while I cannot forget, I can now forgive. Because I love that my son gets the very best of her.

1 comment:

Carebear said...

I honestly believe that the grandchild changes the grandparents. It seems that way with my dad. He is so goofy and very affectionate with DDT, he was not at all like that with me.

 

Doing More Than Just Surviving | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates