Friday, June 27, 2008

My grandpa


My grandpa had a stroke this morning. We are so very blessed, as it was minor. He is currently staying at the hospital for observation, but all is looking well. He has lost some function in his right hand, but it has already made some improvements, so the doctors are optomistic. I do not know if I have fully processed the events of today.... My mom called at 10 to say he had a stroke and he was in the ER. She knew nothing more. I honestly thought I was going to lose my grandpa today. I am still crying just thinking about it. He is 95. It is inevitable I am going to loose him sometime in the next few years. But I just cannot be ready for it. I love him the way only a grandchild can, because even though I am 32, he is still as perfect to me as he was when I was 6. And when he is not here, I am going to miss him horribley, much like I do my grandmother. All I keep thinking now is going to see him even more than I do now, and taking pictures of every moment he spends with Munchi. Munchi LOVES him. He can even say great-grandpa in his own little way. My grandpa has blessed my life in ways he will never know or understand.

1 comment:

Carrie Hill Photography said...

Extra prayers will be definitely be made tonight. Call if you need ANYTHING!

 

Doing More Than Just Surviving | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates